Using illustrator I have scaled my boxes to size as well as printed them to see them before they get laser cut.
Through this simple prototype, I recognised that the difference in size was able to show the dramatic change in population and that the size of the boxes was manageable for the user to pick up. The sizes were good and they didn’t need any adjustments.
The laser cutting process began. Once they were cut, I glued them together. I decided not to get the lids cut just yet as they were still being designed and needed further development for the other senses.
I have started to think about how the lids may be designed. I thought about the lids having the name of the city and country, and for aesthetic purposes adding a map to show the location of the country with the capital city highlighted.
I am yet to decided whether this will be my final design for my boxes.